Polyoxyl stearate (Type I)
A non-ionic water soluble surfactant composed of well-characterised polyethylene glycol (PEG) esters and free PEG.
- A non-ionic water soluble surfactant composed of well-characterised polyethylene glycol (PEG) esters and free PEG.
- Able to form a micellar solution contact with aqueous media.
- Solubilizer and wetting agent: surfactive power improves the solubility and wettability of active pharmaceutical ingredients in vitro and in vivo.
- Oral bioavailability enhancement reported to be associated with improved drug dispersion and solubilization and possible inhibition of efflux transporter (P-gP).
Hydrophilic-Lipophilic Balance (HLB)
Field of use
- Human pharmaceutical products, veterinary pharmaceutical products including food producing animals
Formulation techniques and dosage forms
- Suitable primarily for hard gelatin capsule molding.
- Can be used in soft gelatin capsules.
- Suitable for use in melt processing techniques: melt granulation (thermoplastic pelletization) and melt extrusion techniques for capsule filling, tabletting, sachets etc