Can be used in coating processes to provide a lipid barrier for the protection of sensitive active ingredients and to improve ingredient compatibility.
- Fine white powder of well-controlled particle size distribution with an indicative particle size of 50µm.
- A high melting point lipid for use in modified release oral solid dosage forms (lipid matrix for sustained release, delayed release).
- Effective lubricant for tablets and capsules.
- Can be used in coating processes to provide a lipid barrier for the protection of sensitive active ingredients and to improve ingredient compatibility.
- Chemically inert and highly compatible with other ingredients.
Safety of use is supported by toxicological data, GRAS status and precedence of use in approved pharmaceutical products.
Field of use
- Human pharmaceutical products, veterinary products excluding food producing animals (EU)
Formulation techniques and dosage forms
- Forms lipid matrix for modified release tablets produced by direct compression.
- Lubricant for tablets produced by direct compression.
- Suitable for use in melt processing techniques: spray cooling /prilling, hot melt coating and melt extrusion techniques for capsule filling, tabletting, sachets and suspensions etc