A high melting point glyceride appropriate for use as a lipid matrix to modify (sustain or delay) the release of active ingredients.
- Fine white powder of well-controlled particle size distribution with an indicative particle size of 50µm
- A high melting point glyceride appropriate for use as a lipid matrix to modify (sustain or delay) the release of active ingredients.
- Effective lubricant for tablets and capsules.
- Use in coating processes to provide a lipid barrier for the protection of sensitive active ingredients and to improve ingredient compatibility.
- Chemically inert with excellent tableting properties, ideal for use a lubricant at low concentrations.
Safety of use is supported by food additive status.
Hydrophilic-Lipophilic Balance (HLB)
Field of use
Formulation techniques and dosage forms
- Forms lipid matrix for modified release tablets produced by direct compression.
- Lubricant for tablets produced by direct compression.
- Suitable for use in melt processing techniques: spray cooling /prilling, hot melt coating and melt extrusion techniques for capsule filling, tabletting, sachets and suspensions etc