With an HLB of 5 it provides greater hydrophilicity than Compritol® 888 ATO. Recommended for use as a lubricant in effervescent and fast dissolving tablets.
- Fine white powder of well-controlled particle size distribution with an indicative particle size of 50µm.
- With an HLB of 5 it provides greater hydrophilicity than Compritol® 888 ATO.
- Recommended for use as a lubricant in effervescent and fast dissolving tablets.
Safety of use is supported by toxicological data and precedence of use in approved pharmaceutical products.
Hydrophilic-Lipophilic Balance (HLB)
Field of use
- Human pharmaceutical products, veterinary products excluding food producing animals (EU)
Formulation techniques and dosage forms
- Lubricant for tablets produced by direct compression.
- Suitable for use in melt processing techniques: spray cooling /prilling, hot melt coating and melt extrusion techniques for capsule filling, tabletting, sachets, suspensions etc