Stearoyl macrogol / polyoxyl 32 glycerides
A non-ionic, water dispersible surfactant composed of well-characterized PEG-esters, a small glyceride fraction and free PEG.
- A non-ionic, water dispersible surfactant composed of well-characterized PEG-esters, a small glyceride fraction and free PEG.
- Able to self-emulsify on contact with aqueous media forming a fine dispersion ie. microemulsion (SMEDDS).
- Solubilizer/wetting agent: surfactive power improves the solubility and wettability of active pharmaceutical ingredients in vitro and in vivo.
- Bioavailability enhancer: improved in vivo drug solubilization facilitates absorption.
- Good thermoplasticity for use as a binder in melt processes.
Safety of use is supported by toxicological data and precedence of use in approved pharmaceutical products.
Hydrophilic-Lipophilic Balance (HLB)
Field of use
- Human pharmaceutical products, veterinary products excluding food producing animals (EU)
Formulation techniques and dosage forms
- Use in melt processing techniques: melt granulation (thermoplastic pelletization) and melt extrusion techniques for capsule filling, tabletting, sachets etc.
- Suitable for hard gelatin capsule molding.
- Suitable for adsorption onto neutral carrier powders for use in tablets, capsule filling and sachets.