A water dispersible surfactant composed of well-characterized PEG-esters and a glyceride fraction.
Able to self-emulsify on contact with aqueous media forming a coarse dispersion ie. emulsion (SEDDS).
- A water dispersible surfactant composed of well-characterized PEG-esters and a glyceride fraction.
- Able to self-emulsify on contact with aqueous media forming a coarse dispersion ie. emulsion (SEDDS).
- Good miscibility with Labrasol® and Gelucire® 44/14 to form a fine dispersion ie. microemulsion (SMEDDS).
- Solubilizer: surfactive power improves the solubility of active pharmaceutical ingredients in vitro and in vivo.
- Bioavailability enhancer: increased oral bioavailability is potentially associated with the long chain tryglyceride composition and selective absorption of highly lipophilic APIs by the lymphatic transport system.
- A water-in-oil surfactant / solubilizer associated with enhanced drug penetration.
- Used as a co-emulsifier in association with Tefose® 63 to form elegant creams.
Safety is supported by substantial toxicological data and precedence of use in approved pharmaceutical products.
Hydrophilic-Lipophilic Balance (HLB)
Field of use
- Human pharmaceutical products, veterinary products excluding food producing animals (EU)
Formulation techniques and dosage forms
- Suitable for hard gelatin and soft gelatin capsules.
- Suitable for adsorption onto neutral carrier powders for use in tablets, capsule filling and sachets.
- Use in topical ointments, microemulsions and emulsions.