A water dispersible surfactant composed of well-characterized PEG-esters and a glycerides fraction.
Self-emulsify in aqueous media forming a dispersion: (SEDDS) or (SMEDDS).
- A water dispersible surfactant composed of well-characterized PEG-esters and a glycerides fraction.
- Able to self-emulsify on contact with aqueous media forming a course dispersion ie. emulsion (SEDDS) or a fine dispersion ie. microemulsion (SEDDS).
- Solubilizer: surfactive power improves the solubility of active pharmaceutical ingredients in vitro and in vivo.
- Bioavailability enhancer: in self-emulsifying system improved drug solubilization facilitates adsorption.
- A water-in-oil surfactant/solubilizer associated with enhanced drug penetration.
Safety of use is supported by substantial toxicological data and precedence of use in approved pharmaceutical products.
Hydrophilic-Lipophilic Balance (HLB)
Field of use
- Human pharmaceutical products, veterinary products excluding food producing animals (EU)
Formulation techniques and dosage forms
- Suitable for hard gelatin and soft gelatin capsules.
- Suitable for adsorption onto neutral carrier powders for use in tablets, capsule filling and sachets.
- Use in topical ointments, microemulsions and emulsions.