A non-ionic oil-in-water emulsifier used for difficult-to-formulate APIs and formulations using alcohol extracts or essential oils.
- A non-ionic oil-in-water emulsifier used for difficult-to-formulate APIs and formulations using alcohol extracts or essential oils.
- A gelling agent is required when excipient is used at less than 8% concentration.
- It produces emulsions with excellent heat stability and high tolerance over a wide pH range at concentrations of 8 - 20%.
- Sensorial and textural properties include rich consistency, velvet touch and non-greasy after-feel.
Safety of use is supported by toxicological data and precedence of use in approved pharmaceutical products.
Hydrophilic-Lipophilic Balance (HLB)
Field of use
- Human pharmaceutical products, veterinary products excluding food producing animals (EU)
Formulation techniques and dosage forms
- Standard emulsification process
- Widely referenced in Gattefossé database of validated formulations.