A non-ionic PEG free water-in-oil emulsifier ideal for heat-sensitive API when used in a cold formulation process.
Triglycerol diisostearate EP/NF
Polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate NF
- A non-ionic PEG free water-in-oil emulsifier ideal for heat-sensitive API when used in a cold formulation process.
- Sensorial and textural characteristics include white glossy emulsions with firm consistency and creamy texture, soft non-greasy after-feel with very thin film residue.
Safety of use is supported by toxicological data.
Hydrophilic-Lipophilic Balance (HLB)
Field of use
- Human pharmaceutical products, veterinary products excluding food producing animals (EU)
Formulation techniques and dosage forms
- A cold emusification process can be used for heat sensitive APIs otherwise standard process can be used.
- Widely referenced in Gattefossé database of validated formulations.